Wednesday, September 14, 2016

I didn't Know What Was In The Bag - Abiodun Israel


Abiodun Israel was arrested by officials of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) after he was found with parcels of methamphetamine.



According to Sahara Reporters, the Nigerian who resides in Pretoria, South Africa was arrested with the banned drug at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport in Lagos.

Mitchell Ofoyeju who is the spokesperson of NDLEA explained that the arrest took place during the outward screening of passengers on a South African Airline flight to South Africa. The drug was valued at N31 million. Ahmadu Garba who is the commander of the NDLEA at Abuja airport revealed that a routine bag check showed that Mr. Banjo’s two bags contained methamphetamine concealed under clothing and food items.

Mr Banjo however denied knowledge of the drug and claimed he was asked to deliver the bad to someone.
  “I work in Pretoria. My friend in South Africa called me saying that his brother would give me two bags containing foodstuff to take to him. He also promised to give me two thousand dollars. I opened the bags and checked thoroughly, but could not find anything criminal. That was how I accepted to take the bags. “I was surprised when the drug was detected under the bags. I feel very sad that my friend has implicated me.” Muhammad Mustapha Abdallah who is the chief executive of the anti-narcotic agency warned citizens to be wary of tricks employed by drug trafficking cartels.

“Drug traffickers recruit mules by enticing them with money. They are very clever in concealing drugs, as drugs have been detected in bags, electronics, foodstuff and clothes among others. We strongly advise that all passengers should endeavor to pack their bags themselves and avoid taking bags for others.”
He said however that ignorance was not an excuse.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disclaimer



All content provided on dizboy is for informational purposes only. Every dizboy member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on dizboy.com. The owner will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.